Engineer: Developer Productivity
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing so developers and their teams can spend more time building software that changes the world. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
Ultimately, we want you to be passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a Engineer in our Developer Productivity team, you’ll be at the heart of the engineering pipeline building software that empowers engineering teams to develop rapidly and deploy reliable and scalable products/services. You’ll have ownership of the architecture, design, and implementation of our tools and infrastructure that improve how developers handle configuration. You’ll get the opportunity to work across a broad range of technologies while solving unique challenges.
What You'll Be Doing:
- DigitalOcean is loved by our developer and operations community. You’ll be their voice inside the company and collaborate towards continually improving their experience
- Build configuration tools, frameworks and infrastructure to enable teams make sure their work of art can be scaled easily
- Innovate and continually improve our engineering pipeline with advanced CI/CD implementations
- Help teams adopt new platform features and allow platforms to move fast by providing simple and consistent configuration tooling
- Research emerging configuration tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience in building internal configuration management tools, frameworks and infrastructure
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- An appreciation for Makefiles, build systems, and docker as helpful tools for making a great developer experience where developers can succeed
- A penchant for simplifying configuration, an obsession with engineering velocity, and are a developer at your core
- Experience working full stack, whether it’s building or debugging one
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.