We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
The Codecademy for Business Team is responsible for building tooling and functionality for our business users. The goal of this team is to facilitate the growth of our business to business product, by helping large enterprises purchase and deploy Codecademy to thousands of employees, assign content, and track learner progress both on and off our platform.
If you’re passionate about solving enterprise scale problems and thinking about how to manage hundreds or thousands of employees effectively to make sure they are maximizing their potential on Codecademy, this team is for you.
In this role, you will motivate and inspire your team to work on interesting projects related to scalability, reliability, and security as we deliver products and features that empower our learners around the world. You will need to execute on project goals by being a technical resource to your engineers as well as actively contributing to our learner experience. Clear communication as an Engineering Manager is key as you will not only be leading your specific team but collaborating across engineering teams within the company.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Hire and build an engineering team that is driven by the mission and vision that you champion for the team
- Work with individual engineers to define career goals and align their ambitions with relevant projects and tasks
- Guide your team on architecting and authoring services across our platform that enable our users to achieve their learning goals
- Help Improving the scalability and efficiency of our infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams to get ahead of cross-team dependencies
- Contribute to engineering team-wide process improvements and automation
- 3+ years of management experience with at least five engineers
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails, or similar frameworks
- Experience developing microservices using Go or other languages
- Previous experience in hiring technical talent
- Experience in performance management and career goal setting
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Large scale systems design experience
- A track record of delivering results even when requirements are ambiguous
- Creating Roadmaps and defining success metrics
- Stakeholder negotiation
- Strong empathy and adaptability
- Experience utilizing Codecademy’s Platform
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote