Engineering Manager, Healthcare
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
The ideal candidate is energized by CLEAR’s groundbreaking efforts and answers technical challenges with “how” not “if”. You’re comfortable contributing to date driven, mission-critical projects while defending and communicating expectations which will lead to a high quality end result. You see how CLEAR can improve healthcare delivery and you can leverage your track-record of driving healthcare technology innovation to bring CLEAR’s healthcare solutions to life.
What You Will Do:
- Drive CLEAR’s technology strategy in concert with business, product management, technology, and executive stakeholders. Bring the technical perspective to strategic roadmaps, near and long term prioritization, and staffing/sourcing approaches.
- Oversee technical design and execution of CLEAR’s healthcare platform and products, ensuring that in-house and partner implementations reflect CLEAR’s technology, product, and security needs.
- Advise product management on the technical implications of potential sales opportunities, including high-level guidance on levels of effort, complexity, and cost
- Scope, plan, and drive the execution of proof of concept integrations and production prototypes on the full technology stack. The ideal candidate will have interest and context in a range of technologies and deep proficiency in at least one tier. Collectively the team will embody expertise throughout the stack.
- Act as a technical stakeholder of CLEAR’s core identity platform, representing the requirements of CLEAR’s healthcare use cases.
- Provide technical analysis and diligence of vendors, partners, and market solutions to determine whether and how they can best support CLEAR’s healthcare offerings.
- Partner with business and product stakeholders as a technology evangelist during pre and post sales client engagements.
- Build and lead a growing healthcare technology team, understanding where, where and how to grow. Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills, coaching your team to success.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of deep and demonstrated experience with technology in the healthcare domain. Systems integration experience across the patient lifecycle (MHR, scheduling, billing, insurance, etc) greatly preferred.
- A track record of designing and delivering technology solutions from conception to production, particularly in enterprise healthcare settings with multi-system integration requirements and complex security and compliance needs.
- Build systems and teams that strike a balance between immediate needs and longer term scalability and operability
- An ability to align technology choices with business needs to deliver an effective technology strategy. Able to effectively communicate short, mid and long term technical direction at the appropriate level of detail to inform business decisions and implementation choices.
- A strong software background and a proven record of software development success (in industry and/or with open source).
- Strong software engineering fundamentals with a good understanding of domain driven design, distributed and asynchronous systems architectures, and data persistence strategies and platforms. BS, MS in computer science, engineering, physics, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience building and operating cloud native technology solutions to implement resilient systems with an eye towards defining, measuring, and delivering on service level objectives.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a strong plus: biometrics, federated identity, information security and compliance, distributed system design.