At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral. Our future plans are to expand into other asset classes to support everything from trading cards, watches, NFTs and even LP interests.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
We are looking for an experienced leader who is committed to building and growing strong engineering teams. We are expecting to more than double the engineering team in the next year and you will play a key role in this growth phase. You should care deeply about engineering culture, building scalable systems, and hiring impactful engineers.
The banking team is just getting started (currently 3 engineers strong) and will grow into our most important team over the next year. The team will be responsible for everything from our ledger, to building out our lending products, and developing our crypto strategy. We are looking for someone who will be able to help design systems, bring on talented engineers, and guide the team in building a world-class banking platform.The impact you will make:
- Drive the rapid growth of our engineering team
- Determine the direction for the engineering team strategy
- Empower everyone to achieve their best work
- Encourage creativity while delivering high products at scale
- Collaborate and execute on an ambitious product roadmap
- Love for Recruiting: Passion for building diverse and high performing teams.
- Passion for Team Building: Experience managing teams of 5+ and creating a thoughtful culture.
- A Strategic and Collaborative Mindset: You take pride in being a thought partner across the company and enjoy contributing to company strategy.
- Strong Technical Skills: Management is important but domain expertise is needed to make decisions when necessary
- Excellent Communication Skills: You are adept at collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members, and have a strong appreciation for documentation.
- You’ve done it before: You have worked in dynamic, fast-paced environments and have seen teams scale from 10 to 100 engineers
- Excited about fintech: Bonus points if you have experience in payments, banking, or crypto.
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets.
- 401K, work from home and wellness stipends.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s).