Our payments team works to allow every user in the world to seamlessly subscribe to Vimeo with the payment method they are most familiar with. The team is responsible for building full-stack solutions that tackle sophisticated problems related to international tax compliance and financial regulations. The team runs on an application of analytical thinking, an attentiveness to run-time complexity, and an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, peer-reviewed, documented code.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team to build great products while providing mentorship to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything your team produces
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract and retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Develop and implement processes for building better software and better teams, and become an enthusiast of architectural and organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, and communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions, and advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Build a collaborative and inclusive engineering environment that is forward-thinking, respectful, and effective, while encouraging a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field
- A track record of mentoring and growing people
- Extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to successfully recruit phenomenal people to your team
- Experience leading and managing engineers towards delivering timely high-quality software
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Strong attention to details: whether it is in building a tool for reviewing videos, or in processing subscription payments, the details are essential on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 175 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.