We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a new product offering. You’ll be responsible for extending our systems that deliver billions of personalized messages to new execution channels.
As the leader of this new product offering, you will be responsible for recruiting and developing the engineers, processes, and technology to continue our market leading innovation. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and a track record of working with teams solving problems with simple solutions. We are looking for people who are just as excited about scaling technical solutions as they are about scaling people and organizations. We see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent over existing skill set. Our Engineering Managers are people who view their roles as supporting the team rather than running it. We use Google Cloud Platform services including Kubernetes, BigQuery, PubSub and Cloud SQL. Our stack consists primarily of Python and Golang on the backend and TypeScript (React) on the frontend. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, team ownership of innovation and operations, and working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Develop a team of engineers through 1-1 career coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams, data scientists, product owners, and stakeholders to solve interesting and challenging problems across our marketing platform
- Advising on best practices for designing and architecting scalable solutions, including design reviews, code reviews, and onboarding new technologies
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard engineers
- Foster an excellent work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous improvement
- 7+ years of software engineering experience and 5+ years of management experience
- Experience building similar industry solutions preferred: especially data-driven/complex/customizable enterprise SaaS products within the marketing/advertising/e-commerce space
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining modern applications or data pipelines on public clouds (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS)
- Experience with high-trafficked system involving heavy usage of messaging, queues, or pub/sub mechanisms (in the order of millions of messages per day)
- Experience with messaging / communications platform (Twilio, MessageGears, MailGun, Responsys, SFMC , etc.) is a plus
- A highly technical and effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Proven track record of agile management with different engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, used to collaborate both within engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
- Track-record of delivering high-quality products and a knack for getting things done
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.