Engineering Manager - Web Acquisition
As a Web Acquisition Engineering Manager, you will be primarily focused on managing a group of frontend/UI engineers working to craft elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive and user-friendly interfaces and report to the Director, Acquisition Engineering.
- Staff and lead a frontend web engineering team responsible for the architecture and performance of our web applications.
- Motivate, lead, coach, and mentor frontend software engineers.
- Drive technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant web applications.
- Improve processes and collaboration within the team and across groups.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management and UX in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives
- Manage technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Establish a relationship with business stakeholders.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of your team and impact on acquisition metrics.
- Instill a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Be able to get your hands dirty and contribute to the codebase.
- 8+ years of software development experience in frontend development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed applications commercially into production.
- 4+ years of leadership experience in technology management.
- Embraces an agile mindset and familiar with lean UX
- Deep knowledge of user experience and interaction design.
- Familiarity with a11y practices and/or Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
- Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management.
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.