Engineering Manager - Web
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 300 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
- Manage and coach a team of talented software engineers
- Responsible for the team's technical roadmap and direction, working closely with Product Management, Sales, Marketing and Business Development to achieve company goals
- Own technology vision, R&D, architecture, and execution
- Manage the development of scalable and robust systems across multiple disciplines
- Identify and track critical diagnostic metrics for the health and growth of our core technologies
- Evaluate and introduce new technologies, processes and policies when necessary.
- Partner with other engineering and product teams and department stakeholders to align on and drive forward broader engineering and company initiatives
- Grow and build a diverse and effective team by recruiting for the team, establishing hiring goals, interviewing norms, and evolving the onboarding process for new team members
- Work closely with key strategic external clients to grow partnerships, learn about the market, and advance our technical capabilities
- 5+ years of proven experience in a software engineering/development role
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team
- Experience building enterprise-grade web apps on a modern web stack
- Excellent problem solving and large-scale systems debugging skills
- Track record of shipping and scaling high-quality software systems as an individual contributor and manager
- Strong desire to tackle large-scale problems
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Top-notch motivational skills and the ability to align teams toward company goals and vision
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.