Engineering Manager at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Does your perfect job involve managing a team of hardworking engineers responsible for the product's core code? As well as one in which success in your role will be essential to the company? Simon is looking for a thoughtful engineering manager to partner with all parts of the business and do just that.
As a successful leader in this role, you'll use your intimacy with the business' goals to help structure sprint team memberships quarter over quarter as well as manage programs. Drawing upon years of experience as an engineer, you will collaborate individually with your team members to develop their engineering skills. You will act as a coach, guide, and recruiter as you build a team of influential engineers who are role models to their peers in both exemplifying our values & proficiencies as well as consistently delivering high impact business value.
You'll be joining a team with core values of Simplicity, Generosity, Execution, and Openness. We move quickly (multiple deploys throughout the day) and constantly work to reduce waste as well as structure ourselves around the most important goals for the business. Our engineering team currently comprises roughly 30 engineers of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.What You'll Do
- Lead a multi-functional team of mid-level to staff engineers to help them grow the next generation of the company’s platform
- Contribute to building and delivering resource allocations targeted to continue driving the engineering organization forward
- Drive growth of the team by playing a pivotal role in finding, attracting and hiring talented individuals to Simon
- Collaborate with the leadership team to produce plans for team personal development, growth, and sustained value
- Develop critical software components, scale our architecture, or lead design decisions
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of engineering experience as a software or data engineer & comfort with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams & projects
- Reasonable exposure to & understanding of some form of Agile or modern program management
- Strong communication skills
- A fervent appreciation for organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for working with data
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Personable, collaborative, and a sense of humor
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.