Engineering Team Manager - Delivery at Squarespace
We build the tools that build Squarespace. From pull request to production dozens of times a day, and just as important, fast push-button rollbacks. We provide the tools to introspect what our code is doing and how it's doing it. Our footprint is mixed between on-prem and cloud, our job is to choose the right solution to the problem at hand and deliver it efficiently.
Hundreds of engineers, serving millions of sites to millions of users, many millions of times a day. We give our product engineers the confidence to do great things.
We expect our engineers to lead projects from our offices in Dublin, Portland and New York. While on-call is expected, we value sustainability in our operations and rely on SLOs and error budgets to keep our operational toil in check.
The successful applicant will manage the Delivery team, reporting to an Engineering Manager in Dublin.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build a safe, happy, and healthy environment within the team
- Build quarterly and yearly roadmaps with input from teams that both work with and depend on Traffic infrastructure.
- Write high-quality and performant code that serves millions of websites securely, quickly, and reliably to the public internet and to Squarespace's global customer base.
- Provide regular feedback on technical direct, career growth, areas for improvement, and praise as appropriate.
- Share our on-call rotation and empathize with engineers working on complex problems in real-time across our high-traffic software systems.
- 2+ years of experience leading technical projects to completion, while maintaining a culture of psychological safety on the executing teams.
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale software and distributed systems in *nix environments and with technologies that run the internet such as TLS, HTTP (1/1.1, 2, QUIC/3), TCP,UDP, IP, anycast, multicast, and unicast routing.
- Experience with Envoy, Linux containers, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus. Experience with edge load balancing, Envoy, HAProxy, or other open source load balancers.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.