Front End Developer, Community at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building an online community for millions of developers.
The Web Platforms team supports our community and marketing efforts by building and iterating on all public facing sites and applications (ie DigitalOcean Community, Hacktoberfest, Marketing site). This front-end development role will be primarily responsible for developing new features, functionality and tests across the DigitalOcean Community app.
DigitalOcean’s Community is focused on helping developers learn and share knowledge.We’ll give you the freedom to do what you do best, so you should feel comfortable owning your work from start to finish, as well as bringing fresh ideas to the table that can make our community even better. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with designers, product managers, other engineers and developer advocates to bring a wide range of ideas into reality.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Implementing features and user interfaces for DigitalOcean’s Community and other public facing web properties.
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, PMs, and Web Designers to deliver delightful experiences for developers
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and feature decisions for our developer marketing web properties
- Writing clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- A passion for helping millions developers around the world share knowledge and solve problems
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Care about good programming practices (test coverage, readability and maintainability, performance, etc.)
- A sense of ownership and urgency
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!