IEX Astral is looking for a Front-end Software Engineer to create a world-class user experience on its groundbreaking platform.
Global stockbrokers and institutional asset managers bring their most important trading and technology challenges to Astral. Astral’s platform synthesizes disconnected sources of proprietary trading data into a single, cohesive library to deliver clear and practical insights.
Astral’s Front-end Software Engineers play an essential role on the team, leading both the design and development of intuitive UI solutions for visualizing complex financial data.
As a UX domain expert on our cross-functional agile team, you will prototype and deliver tools that enable sophisticated traders to explore, audit, and apply massive financial datasets to their proprietary strategies. Your vision will shape how Astral’s partners navigate capital markets and refine their algorithmic strategies.
IEX Astral is a constantly evolving, and you will adapt our user-facing tools to meet the changing needs of strategic partners and colleagues.
Major brokers, investors, and specialist technology partners will coordinate with you to visualize and understand market events and trading methods. Our partners will enlist you to continuously iterate and overcome the obstacles that hinder their ability to access and use their data effectively.
Colleagues will rely upon you to shape the design of the platform’s front-end aspects while delivering testable, maintainable, production-quality code. On a typical day, you will collaborate with our Data Engineers and Operators to promote useability, regularly presenting prototypes and design ideas to senior leadership.
You will own all of Astral’s UX features and will demonstrate the initiative required to solve complex data visualization challenges in a dynamic and unstructured environment.
This position is best suited for a highly collaborative individual with strong communication skills, a vision for compelling design, and meticulous attention to detail. You are:
- Fluent with high-quality visual design patterns, and able to present a portfolio of work that illustrates your process for conceiving style guides
- Resourceful, and ready to take ideas from the whiteboard to the field
- Open-minded, and eager to quickly acquire new concepts and ideas
- Disciplined, with crisp attention to subtle design details
What you’ll do:
- Architect, develop, and manage flexible tools and other UI components that support internal and external users
- Conceive and customize market intelligence and bespoke reports for brokers and asset managers
- Design and maintain Astral’s web presence, including a secure portal for traders
- Debug complex UI issues and optimize performance with Data Engineers
- Configure Tableau dashboards together with external users
- 5+ years of design and front-end software development experience
- Deep understanding of UX design and data visualization
- Experience using and configuring Tableau software
- Experience building modular, secure web applications with a beautiful and user-friendly UI
- Previous work on Agile teams
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.