Front End Software Engineer II/Senior - Member at Bread
Bread, a division of Alliance Data, is a technology-driven payments company that partners with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread integrates directly with merchants on their e-commerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread's full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order-value. To learn more, please visit breadpayments.com
The Member team is responsible for building the full life cycle loan servicing platform and user interfaces which are integral to the success of the business. The team works on multiple distributed services written in Go for functionality such as the high volume loan processes, ledger, payment processing, and more. The team also owns the consumer and servicing applications and experiences, developed in React. We are looking for software engineers to join our team working on building new user experiences and maintaining existing codebases as we continue to grow and enhance our platform.
Your role at Bread:
- Translate company and consumer needs into functional and compelling consumer experiences
- Structure frontend code in a visually consistent manner that encourages the building of more accessible and user friendly interfaces
- Work closely with engineers, designers, and product managers. Define, test, and execute new user-facing features using React and Material-UI.
- Be involved in design and implementation of new features and iterations of our core platform
- Build reusable libraries and tools to help the team move faster and write more reliable code.
- Contribute to tools used by the entire frontend organization. Introduce new approaches that we didn't know we needed.
- Enable Bread to process billions of dollars of financial instruments per year
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of one or more modern web frameworks - React (Preferred), Ember, Vue, etc.
- Experience writing clean, accessible, and performantHTML and CSS
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience developing systems intended for cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- A passion for engineering and technology
Nice to have:
- Experience using TypeScript
- Knowledge of server-side languages and data stores (our backends are built with Go and PostgreSQL)
- Experience with message-based, loosely coupled architectures (we use gRPC and Kafka)
- Knowledge of financial products
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included ones for Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, and Monitoring. Groups meet every Friday to plan and own their roadmap and implement their features. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and over time potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!