They will be responsible for the overall direction and execution of the Namely’s Frontend Platform strategy, including:
- The future of the frontend platform architecture
- Core libraries and components as part of our Design System
- Common patterns for data access, state management, and code organization across all of Namely Frontend Engineering
- Continuous integration and deployment of all frontend code across Namely’s environments
- Reviewing and supporting frontend technical designs across teams
- Participating in design discussions and roadmap planning to ensure frontend concerns are well represented
- Driving forward Namely’s frontend community, including mentorship of frontend talent across the organization
- Maintaining and upgrading frontend frameworks and tools
- 10+ years of experience as a frontend software engineer
- Hands on leadership setting technical direction and architecting solutions
- Experience designing and maintaining CI/CD in a complex environment
- Experience working across teams to foster adoption of libraries, patterns and architectural approaches
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and best practices
- Investment and interest in the frontend community and ecosystem, including open source work, stackoverflow posts, blogs, etc.
We understand the importance of being excited about the technology you work with, so we’ve included our stack below. You don’t have to be fluent in it all, but we want engineers who are excited to dive in and understand these tools and technologies:
- Framework: React
- State: Redux + Redux Thunk + Reselect, Formik, Relay + GraphQL
- Router: React Router
- CSS: CSS Modules
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Chromatic, Cypress
- Tooling: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Prettier
- Linting: ESLint, Stylelint
- Docs: Storybook
This position has a salary range of $170,000 - 230,000 per annum. Namely offers employees medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, equity, flexible spending accounts, $50,000 basic life and AD&D, free telehealthcare, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, employee stock purchase plan, paid family leave, and many other available benefits. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on the market location.
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.