LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role:
LeafLink is seeking a Frontend Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.Responsibilities:
- Leverage the latest version of our API to refactor various frontend functionality into modern single page Vue.js apps
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Work with our UX team to build consistent, responsive, and highly reusable widgets as components throughout our applications.
- Optimize the performance of our page loads using best practices where possible
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Ensure we are cross-browser compatible for all major modern browsers
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Be uncompromising in your path to delivery of beautiful UI / UX experiences
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 2+ years working in rich, complex, and ever-evolving front-end user experiences
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Familiarity with working on high-traffic, international systems
- Experience and a deep understanding of CSS, including preprocessors
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Experience working with highly responsive web applications
- Experience working with Vue.js directly a plus
- Familiarity with the concept of state-management libraries (Redux, Vuex, Mobx, etc)
- Experience with client-side unit testing and associated tools (Jest, Sinon, Chai, etc)
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and/or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.