Frontend Software Engineer at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you will utilize your eye for design and ability to write clean, scalable code to create elegantly intuitive UIs and build reusable libraries. You will work on cross-functional teams to deliver products that prioritize user experience. Your understanding of modern tooling will allow you to create iterative mockups; translating design into the code that will produce visual elements of the application.
Frontend Software Engineer Characteristics:
- You have professional experience using React/NextJS (with preferably TypeScript) and CSS/SCSS to build complex UIs.
- You are comfortable utilizing build/ deployment tools like Webpack, Docker, and Gitlab.
- You have worked in large-scale microservice architectures and know how to work with and update existing APIs.
- You are skilled at implementing complex UX designs into scalable/ maintainable code.
- You have an eye for design and are able to support our designer by implementing UX when needed.
- You seamlessly bridge the gap between design and development; utilizing tooling like Zeplin, Sketch, and Figma.
Frontend Engineering Stack: React, NextJS, Node, TypeScript, Webpack, Lerna, Ant Design, SCSS, Jest
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks