Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, to coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in completion of your work. Working with other developers you might work on items such as:
- developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module
- creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications
- defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer facing components for taking new business applications
- 3+ years experience as a developer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex problems and solutions to people inside and outside their domain of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to design, write, and edit technical and process documentation
- Experience with traditional object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, Python, C++)
- A demonstrable experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Solid grounding in data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems)
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Testing strategy definition and framework creation
- Familiarity with containerization (ie Docker)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other Relational DBMS
- Familiarity with Microservice framework
- Comfortable expressing unique points of view while respecting the views of others
- Experience delivering unit tests along with new functionality
- Experience with event-driven Java programming (e.g Swing, GWT)
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Experience in multi-platform web-sites (desktop, mobile)
- Offers constructive feedback on areas of broader scope
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.