COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Full Stack Developer
LOCATION: New York, NY / Remote
What You’ll Do:
- Develop front and back-end-related product features for optimal user experience
- Design intuitive user interactions on web pages
- Spin up servers and databases while ensuring stability and scalability of applications
- Work alongside graphic designers to enhance web design features
- Oversee and drive projects from conception to finished product
- Design and develop APIs
- Brainstorm, execute and deliver solutions that meet both technical and consumer needs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of web applications development experience
- PHP and/or Python development and architecture, or willingness and ability to pick it up quickly
- Familiar with agile development environment, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Familiar with OOP, MVC, and commonly used design patterns
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Comfortable with continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and other DevOps methodologies
- Comfortable with AWS and Linux
What’s The Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview(s), Assessment Test, and In Person Interview(s).
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.