Head of Biometric Strategy at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a bold leader of biometric strategy to design and execute solutions that support our customers in order to foster the growth of our platform. You will work closely in collaboration with cross-functional members to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives for our partners. You will ensure tight alignment, communications, and status updates across various internal business partners. You will have a broad love of technology, architecture, software development, security and identity paradigms, and an appreciation of hardware. You have a desire to envision, innovate, and quickly enable a new and better world through biometrics and security. With the needs of the business verticals in mind, the ideal candidate will imagine, design and realize all biometric identification workflows and experiences to create a flexible yet consistent and high performance identity experience.
What You Will Do:
- Define and own CLEAR’s biometric customer experience strategy and roadmap for execution across multiple verticals to meet varying speed, fidelity and security needs.
- Projects include discovery, design and prototyping of biometric client experiences including Face, Iris and Fingerprint. This includes sensors, compute and interaction with the support of a team of software and industrial engineers.
- Represent CLEAR’s biometric competence, philosophy and strategy publicly. Coach and inform other public facing CLEAR influence to correctly and coherently represent these issues.
- Demonstrate leadership by mentoring and developing a growing team of biometric innovation experts
- Leverage existing relationships in biometrics supplier industry
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all internal partners, in order to set and manage expectations and deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap timelines
- Translate strategy and business objectives into execution (tactical and strategic) for all biometric implementations
- Drive continuous improvement using data and information from teams to identify issues and ways to improve
- Own prioritization based on customer need, risk impact and strategic demands is a key requirement of the role
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 10+ years of experience in biometrics standards, biometrics systems
- Able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Demonstrated success in executing complex biometrics solutions
- Hands-on experience with integrating SDKs for biometric acquisition devices and biometric algorithms
- A strong hands-on software and/or hardware background and a proven record of product development success
- Entrepreneurial, strategic leader with proven ability to drive projects and strong analytical skills
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with internal and external partners alike
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, relationship-building skills conducive to collaboration.