Head of Information Security at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission
As Head of Information Security, you will help our company leverage advanced technologies to achieve strategic growth and cutting edge innovation while managing Information Security risk. You will use your background to help align information security to a fun, fast-paced environment. Join us in our mission to help transform healthcare for millions of people.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A mentor focused leader who believes in empowering and inspiring your team to do their best work
- Passionate about designing and implementing an information security program that can keep pace with the ever-changing threat landscape
- A big picture thinker, who understands the business level implications of security, and an executor who’s not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the work
- An excellent communicator, who can synthesize sophisticated informatin and make it digestible and understandable to all Zocdoc’rs
- Great at working cross-functionally. Security touches every element of our business, you believe in building relationships, and creating visibility around your work
Your day to day is…
- Leading and mentoring the Information Security Team and setting the direction and culture of the InfoSec program
- Evaluating security practices across Zocdoc and working with corresponding teams to ensure best practices and compliance with regulations
- Working with external auditors to lead Zocdoc through its audits and certifications
- Acting as a liaison to clients and partners to address any questions around Zocdoc’s Information Security policies and procedures
- Working closely with our Product and Engineering teams to guide security of new applications and services
- Performing security-focused architecture design and review of Zocdoc applications, infrastructure, and data
- Developing policies, procedures, and guidelines that are aligned to the business and technology
- Performing vulnerability assessments, prioritization, and coordinating remediation
- Leading and actively participating in the lifecycle of all security incidents
- Implementing internal security training and education initiatives for the company
- Recruiting and interviewing candidates for additional Information Security positions
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 10+ years in IT related field and 5+ years of full-time Information Security technical management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and visual) -- you can effectively tell the stories of your ideas to gain alignment and move your work forward
- Previous experience leading audits such as SOC 2, HiTrust, PCI, ISO 27001
- Hands-on technical experience with security tooling
- Firm understanding of software development life cycle
- Cloud and public web application security experience
- Experience in evaluating, selecting, and working with security vendors (such as auditors or 3rd party pen test companies)
- Proven management skills, with the ability to manage, mentor, and motivate employees
- Ability to evaluate risk management and balance business needs
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.