Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
About this role
You will be joining a small team as a developer and automation engineer. Our team builds technical applications for insurance experts, data scientists, and actuaries. You will be working on testing automation and back end application development for our service. Experience with a wide breadth of technology paradigms and concepts is expected with a focus on data-driven, python applications a must. The job will be varied and challenging.
Your development responsibilities will include:
- Enhance and maintain application quality and robustness
- Push new features and be responsive to feedback and usage patterns from customers
- Improving platform performance, stability, and scalability
Your automation responsibilities will include:
- Automate back-end, API, front-end, and other test cases in a complex multi-product, multi-services environment using tools such as Selenium Protractor
- Create tools to run automated tests in different environments at pre-set times or at code merge/presubmit
- Create reporting frameworks and actual reports of test results, and set up automated storage and distribution of them
Note: This role entails a 50/50 mix of development work and automation work. However, for new products, features, and projects, the business may require different balances of work.
These are essential to success in this role:
- BA/BS/MS in computer science or related subject area
- 2-5 years experience as a python developer
- Experience with data modeling (logical and physical) and object modeling
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills, including debugging and log analysis
- Hands-on experience writing, running, and maintaining automation testing frameworks and/or automated tests; including regression testing, feature testing, integration testing, and performance testing
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office when we return to the office
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Experience with Python web frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django)
- Experience with ORM frameworks (e.g. sqlalchemy, Django ORM)
- Experience with message broker(e.g. Rabbitmq) and task queue framework (e.g. Celery)
- Experience with enterprise environments and related complexities, dynamics, and processes
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Experience with distributed systems, API integration and modeling
- Experience with modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Experience with information security paradigms and implementations
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.