Information Security Analyst at Rent the Runway
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
We are currently growing our information security team in order to protect and scale our enterprise.
About the Job:
The Information Security Analyst will report to the VP, IT, Security, and Compliance and is responsible for the ongoing monitoring and operation of select security and compliance-related systems, and will identify and address security events; including driving investigation and remediation of raised security incidents.
What You'll Do:
- Performing regular operational security functions, ongoing compliance-related activities, and conduction security assessments across various technologies and third parties
- Track operational metrics related to alerts, incidents, and vulnerabilities and be responsible to create and maintain appropriate documentation including process flows and technical procedures
- Execution of information security reviews against infrastructure, applications, and vendor services
- Internal and external vulnerability identification and remediation
- Security tool monitoring and reporting (i.e. SIEM, EDR, IAM, and IDS monitoring)
- Anti-fraud toolset monitoring and investigation
- Security incident triage, investigation, and response
- Forensic analysis and evidence collection
- IT compliance monitoring and issue lifecycle reporting
- Performance of compliance related tasks such as privileged access entitlement reviews and change monitoring
- Participation in various programs and initiatives supporting the further implementation of the company’s Information Security Policies and Standards
- Being an advocate for Information Security awareness within the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 5 years of experience as a Security Analyst or in a security operations, engineering or forensics role
- Strong foundation in information technology and information security principles
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Possession of or ability to obtain professional certifications in information security or risk management, such as a CISSP, CISM, CEH, or forensic certifications
- Strong knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as ISO27001/2, COBIT, NIST, and CIS
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks (e.g. PCI, SOX, GDPR, ISO 27001)
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision or under the pressure of a high profile incident
- Natural passion for security and strong drive to see both projects and investigations to completion
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.