Infrastructure Engineer at Peloton
As a Content Infrastructure Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing and maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live and video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
7+ years of professional IT/technical/Content Security experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
Experience in AWS Elemental Physical hardware and AWS Elemental Media Services.
Experience managing a mix of on-prem and cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform and Ansible.
Experience monitoring system performance.
Experience managing AWS account(s) with multiple VPCs with private and public networks.
Experience with on-prem object storage systems with cloud backup and archive.
Experience creating, deploying, troubleshooting AWS Lambda workflows.
Superb communication skills in all written, oral, and presentation capabilities, with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
Effectively coordinates work and communication across disparate groups.
Able to quickly adapt to new technical and functional concepts.
Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contending priorities.
The Content Infrastructure Engineer is a new and innovative role under Streaming Engineering designed to help maintain, build, and architect the current and future hybrid cloud on-prem infrastructure for content. This role will support in designing and securing technology, infrastructure, and highly available systems. Responsibilities Design and implement deployment automation software using Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible. Manage and improve deployment environment, from bare metal and AWS Lambdas, to ensure high quality highly available video services. Create or use existing tools to measure, monitor, and improve performance and reliability. Improvement CICD software to help the streaming engineering team deploy fearlessly. Contribute to automation tools that help infrastructure operators and engineering day to day task.
- Work with Streaming Engineering to scale our content delivery systems and streamline our operation to reduce customer-facing video quality issues
- Manage and support our AWS hosting architecture, transcoding operations, CDN services, and CI/CD systems
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships at all levels.
- Develop monitoring and incident alerting systems to aid in a proactive approach to outages, partial outages, and “failure imminent metrics” of all our SaaS, internal, and physical systems
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- The successful candidate will have spent several years automating and deploying infrastructure on-prem and in AWS.
- Experience working Content delivery networks.
- Experience supporting and maintaining bare-metal servers.
- Experience with large object storage systems on-prem and in the cloud.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience working with AWS hosting architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Solid back end experience with Amazon Web Services, and deployment via Terraform
- Proficient experience with configuration management tools.
- Proficient scripting skills in Python 3 and Bash
- Proficient in developing, debugging, and optimizing complex content delivery pipelines
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.