iOS Engineer at Ribbon (Remote)
At Ribbon, we believe homeownership should be made achievable for all. As a first of its kind homeownership company, Ribbon empowers everyday home buyers and sellers to compete for their future home on a level the playing field with high-net-worth individuals and Wall Street investors – and we support agents, brokerages, and lenders create confidence and certainty for clients through powerful financial products and digital workflow software.
Making homeownership achievable is at the heart of all we do - and we live out that purpose every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.Engineering Team
We believe that software can be a driving force in making home ownership achievable, and we're looking to build a team of passionate and talented engineers to make that dream possible for more families. At Ribbon we place a strong emphasis on start-to-finish ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity.How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Build and shape our mobile/iOS apps which will become our key customer experience
- Work with world-class engineers to build an impactful product
- Understand customers to figure out what we should be building and how we should build it
- How do we architect our app for performance and scalability?
- How do we enable the engineering team to build with velocity and quality? What tools and information can we provide junior and mid level engineers with to enable them to level up their peer reviewing skills?
- How do we use technology to create product breakthroughs in a space where so much of the process still happens offline?
- How do we scale our interview process and onboard new engineers quickly?
- How do we design our product features in a forward thinking way?
With influence across the engineering team, you will help us develop new standards that will allow us to reach new heights of technical excellence. You'll get to work with a strong team of mid level and senior engineers and contribute to the groundwork as we scale.About you:
- Built world-class iOS apps in Swift
- Knowledge of mobile release and test engineering best-practices
- Understanding and focused on building high quality mobile UI experiences
- Some server-side experience, especially with Django for bonus points
- Understanding of security pitfalls in mobile applications
- Made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
- Worked in an environment with fast iteration cycles, ideally with continuous integration
- Ability to rapidly prototype and knowing when to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
- Product thinking - The ability to think about what we’re building from the customer point of view. To build the best products, the engineering team must empathize and build products with the customer in mind.
- Craftsmanship - You care about writing well-structured code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you prioritize writing clean code with the right abstractions.
- Mobile expert - You should be an expert at iOS and lead the technological decisions and client architecture. We expect you to lay the groundwork for future mobile development by other engineers.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Fully paid parental leave
- Regular team lunches
- Health + wellness stipend
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we embrace our differences and thrive off of the creativity they produce. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diverse communities that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.