As a Lead Android Engineer, you will be joining the recently-acquired UnifyID team at Prove. This team is building the next generation of user authentication that combines behavioral biometrics from smartphone sensor data, machine learning modeling and enterprise-grade cloud services. The result is an accurate, frictionless and secure authentication service that defends against malicious attacks on mobile and web experiences.
You’ll be part of a highly effective engineering team with a collaborative get-stuff-done culture. We embrace our startup roots and are willing to wear whatever hat is necessary to make our team and products successful.
In this role you will work closely with our product, cloud backend, machine learning and customer-facing teams to build and maintain our multifaceted SDK for the Android platform. This is a hands-on role where you will be given wide latitude to make technical decisions and influence product direction.
What You Are Accountable For
- Hands-on coding, systems analysis, code reviews, design, and delivery of projects assigned
- Set a good example by writing well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Deliver new features, execute on the roadmap and plan for the future
- Enhance our existing Android SDK for an optimal mobile experience
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, and security
- Manage the Android SDK API program and documentation
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to find solutions to hard problems.
- Mentor other developers
What We Require
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Strong software development principles, including scalable software and architectural design patterns
- Experience executing on complex features leveraging the power of native Android SDKs
- Strong knowledge of Android along with competency using standard libraries
- Experience with evaluating and optimizing resource usage, including battery usage
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field/experience preferred
- Experience with Android and/or SaaS a plus
- Experience with low level system data collection from on-device sensors a plus
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and/or Signal Processing techniques a plus