Lead Engineer, Search & Recommendations at Vimeo
As the Lead Engineer of the Search & AML group, you’ll manage a small team of dedicated engineers and work closely with adjacent teams to build world-class discovery components used throughout Vimeo’s applications. You’ll use machine learning to augment traditional search techniques to create intelligent responses to customers’ queries.
What you'll do:
- Work on search algorithms, web services, search indexing, recommendations, and performance by enhancing the search platform that powers Vimeo products.
- Apply data mining and machine learning to improve the ranking and recommendations as part of search work-flow.
- Build a platform to index a billion videos, documents, and other assets in real-time.
- Maintain and optimize the search engine, identify new ideas to evolve it, develop new features and benchmark possible solutions, in terms of search relevance, recommendations but also user experience, performance and feasibility.
- Explore advanced and evolving techniques to extract content metadata using NLP and/or computer vision to enhance search components.
- Build these Search products using technologies such as Elasticsearch, REST web services, SQS/Kafka, Machine Learning, and more.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report
What we're expecting:
- Strong knowledge of ML techniques including both supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, regression, and optimization
- Natural Language Processing and information retrieval experience especially with Elasticsearch/Solr
- 3+ years of experience management and coaching.
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, SKLearn, XGBoost or similar libraries
- Experience with asynchronous architectures and queuing systems like Kafka, Google Cloud PubSub, Rabbit MQ, Amazon SQS, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with product teams to devise solutions for search-related features
- 5+ years of experience working high-throughput, high-availability, and cloud-deployed distributed applications
- Experience with agile software development processes and using them to lead a team
- Production-level Golang and/or Python programming
- Experience with Linux containerization technologies
- Experience with cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Computer Vision and/or Video Metadata Extraction experience
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.