Lead iOS Engineer
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Lead iOS Engineers are values-aligned leaders on the team and are ultimately responsible for the success of the team. If you're applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to lead teams, mentor engineers, and collaborate with colleagues of various disciplines. You drive architecture decisions and estimate project time frames while managing team process and tasking. You work closely with engineering management on team culture, hiring, and delivery of a high-quality iOS experience.
- A leader: You're experienced in leading teams. You own the responsibility of your team's success and the responsibility of managing their day-to-day effectiveness. You're a technical mentor that empowers engineers of all levels.
- Experienced: You're well-versed in developing quality iOS applications from conception through App Store launch. You have a deep understanding of the full suite of iOS tooling in Swift including threading, storyboards, XCTest, debugging and performance optimization.
- Customer focused: You love good software and design. You understand the importance of bringing value to our users through quality software.
- A team player: You are the consummate team player. You work well with others. You aim to learn from, teach, and give timely and specific feedback to your colleagues. You enjoy working with product and engineering leadership on the direction of your product.
- Adaptable: You can handle changing requirements and difficult problems. You build for the long-term while managing iterative, short-term needs.
- Values-aligned: You have a dedication to the company's core mission of cultivating local community worldwide.
What you do with our team:
- Focus on building out the future of the flagship Meetup app using Swift
- Unblock team members by working with neighboring teams to determine solutions and timelines
- Define engineering approach with product managers and designers to determine the scope and roadmap for delivery
- Work with engineering leadership to improve team process and team culture
- Mentor engineers through technical advice, pairing, and giving timely feedback
- Manage and improve our app release process through tooling and automation
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of Realm and/or AlamoFire
- Project management experience
- Shipping API-driven apps seen by millions
- Organizing local meetups
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?