Prove Identity, Inc. (Prove), formerly Payfone, Inc., is the modern way for businesses to enable their customers to prove their identities with just a phone. We offer phone-centric solutions that enable our customers to acquire new consumers and engage with their existing consumers by removing friction while bolstering security and enhancing consumer privacy and consumer choice. Our solutions are used by more than 1,000 businesses across diversified industries, including banks, financial services, healthcare, insurance, and e-commerce. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
The Senior Developer / Senior Software Engineer will be part of a small team designing and developing the infrastructure powering the next generation of mobile identity certainty. Leveraging your knowledge and passion for excellence you will deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scalable platform utilizing a variety of cutting edge technologies. This is a hands-on role where you will need to demonstrate the skills, experience, and confidence to work with senior engineering and product management team members to deliver solutions that will delight our customers.
What You Are Accountable For
As a member of the Software Development team, the Senior Developer is expected to:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards.
- Ensure designs comply with requirements, perform code reviews.
- Own delivery of software features from Product to Production, develop project roadmap, engage with Product to define technical requirements and design, engage with IT/Ops to ensure software makes it out to production in a timely manner.
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to find solutions to hard problems.
- Establish new and review existing coding standards.
- React quickly to changing customer and business needs.
- Lead projects and train more junior engineers.
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership.
- Exhibit a strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training.
What We Require
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on Software Development experience
- 1+ years in a similar role for a tech startup
- Experience in working in teams growing from less than 5 engineers to 50+
- College degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra.
- Experience with Spring Framework delivering JSON API
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes a definite plus
- Experience with mobile development is a plus
The salary range for this role for Denver, Colorado only is $120,000-150,000. Offered salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
This position is eligible to participate in the annual incentive program. Prove’s Benefits include but are not limited to:
-Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance that begins on your first day of employment
-401(k) plan with company match
-Unlimited vacation time
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.