Lead Software Engineer at The Walt Disney Company (Remote)
We are looking for a Tech Lead, Software Engineer to join our Native Client Platform (NCP) framework engineering team. The NCP framework team is responsible for building and maintaining a Rust GUI framework used to deliver Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ apps to millions of customers around the world.
You are an experienced, performance minded and customer focused Rust engineer that is ready to push the boundaries of UX on streaming media devices that vary from older cable or satellite boxes to the latest game consoles.
Whether you're in New York, California, or remote we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist to:
- Build on an innovative technology stack
- Work with an outstanding team of engineers on award-winning, sophisticated apps and systems in a highly collaborative team environment
- Have an influence on products used globally by millions
- Take pride and joy in their work
- Have a work/life balance
- Iterative development of our NCP GUI framework
- Writing and maintaining unit and integration tests
- Answer questions and or triage requests in
our support channel (~2 hours/week)
- Feature planning
- Architectural enhancements
- Mentoring junior team members
- Presenting solutions and participating in team meetings
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years of personal or professional Rust experience
- Writes idiomatic Rust code
- Understands common design patterns and architectures
- Experience building GUIs and/or other software frameworks
- 4+ years experience contributing to a shared code base with 5+ engineers
- Experience working with a version control system eg. Git, Perforce or CVS
- Familiar with project management software eg. Jira
- Degree in CS or relevant work experience
- Familiarity with set-top box development and specialized SoCs
- Experience with OpenGL/EGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan, Metal, etc.
- Active member of the Rust programming community
- Experience building media applications
- Team player, works well with others
- Open-minded, autonomous and resourceful
- Rigorous, adaptable and solution oriented
- Maturity to receive and give constructive criticism
- The pay range for this position in Colorado is $129,150 to $173,250 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered."