Library Software Engineer - Python (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog is building a world-class APM product that traces requests as they flow across complex systems. We are looking for an expert Python developer who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. If you’re passionate about code instrumentation, and excited about building high scale Application Performance and Application Security products, then this opportunity is for you. Come and join us to build amazing open source software.
- Write open source code that instruments thousands of Python applications around the world.
- Drive our open source Python projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Join a great team building software the right way.
- You’re a master Python programmer. You’ve tamed the GIL. You’ve tried gevent, asyncio, tornado or even plain old threading.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Asyncio, Django, Flask, Falcon, or Celery.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
- You run your applications in PyPy or other interpreter implementations.
- You have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
- You have experience with CPython bindings or Cython.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.