Manager, Engineering at Namely
Namely is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a team working in the payroll product domain, within our engineering organization. As an engineering manager, you will partner with the leaders in Engineering and Product to deliver and ensure the best possible experience for both internal and external customers. You will be driving best practices and standards for software development at Namely.
- Lead, support, and guide feature team engineers in the delivery of high quality software releases
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to develop and align on the team’s roadmap initiatives
- Oversee and ensure the team is meeting their product delivery commitments
- Contribute to the team’s codebase as an IC by writing code, architecting solutions and participating in code reviews
- Lead, facilitate and assist product managers and software engineers in conducting agile ceremonies and implementing processes
- Work closely with engineers to ensure they are growing and developing in their careers
- Remove blockers for the team and identify ways to proactively improve the developer experience, and optimize the efficiency of the team
- Interview, hire and grow the team as needed
- A minimum of 1 year of applicable experience in leading and managing a team of engineers
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a software engineer
- Experience writing production software with C# / .NET
- Fluency in one or more server-side programming languages (preferably C#)
- Experience building, shipping and maintaining web applications that are reliable, testable and maintainable
- Ability to summarize technical and complex ideas or solutions
- Ability to lead a team in scoping and estimating work across multiple sprints
- Ability to attract, interview, develop and retain top talent
- Strong analytical and technical skills to identify critical and impactful issues, escalate them and drive them to resolution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of working cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Design and business stakeholders.
- BS or BA or equivalent experience.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience working and going deep in a complex and critical business domain.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with .NET Core
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.