Manager - Mobile Engineering at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Design Technology
Design Technology is a team of designers, engineers, and researchers who blend beauty with tech to create world-class experiences for Gemini. We are inspired by creativity, fueled by data, and obsessed with simplicity.
The Role: Mobile Engineering Manager
You will provide direct leadership and technical mentorship for our rapidly growing mobile engineering team, and influence Gemini engineering leaders to achieve strategic mobile goals. This role will oversee both react-native and native engineers, both in iOS and Android. You are among the best managers who support their teams, eliminating roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You will guide this team in building the core mobile product, as well as influence the development of the application infrastructure with our SRE team, upholding the highest standards to the overall user experience. Since this team is continually growing, you will work closely with the Gemini People Team to expand the skills and capabilities of your team, while also ensuring that we keep a high bar of top software engineers.
- 5+ years experience leading mobile teams and strategy, all the way from product definition to employee goal setting to app execution.
- Prior experience launching native apps on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Experience with shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Ability to ship code rapidly and iterate on results
- Experience with growing mobile teams by attracting, hiring and developing top software engineers.
- Strong ability to mentor developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Proven ability to identify and develop leaders, both as individual contributors as well as managers.
- Influence code quality, organization, and automatizations
- Knowledge of both unit and integration testing for mobile applications, as well as experience shipping one or more iOS/Android apps, ideally currently available on App Store / Google Play.
- Experience building native UI components with React Native
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with REST or GraphQL APIs, as well as with the use of device sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks; ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications as well as with continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.