ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton mechanical engineers architect, design, and test hardware systems for Peloton products. This individual will work collaboratively within a highly cross functional team to concept, design, and manufacture the future of fitness. As the team is highly dynamic with an exciting product roadmap, this individual will play a key role in ensuring mechanical design robustness, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are all met. Additionally, there will be opportunities for interaction at all levels of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Own design and development of product subsystems through a Phase Gate style Product Development Process
- Create engineering requirements and documents to meet product requirements
- Write and execute test plans at the design and production phases
- Troubleshoot and solve performance problems during development and in production
- Clearly document and communicate your work to technical leads and managers
- Use data to drive engineering decision making
- Create and manage engineering changes for updates and improvements to existing products
- Collaborate with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Collaborate with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- 7-10 years mechanical design experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Proficient in one 3D MCAD Package. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Experience with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to engineering detail
- Ability to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as being able to present to executive level leadership
- High motivation to teach, learn, and contribute to both product and process development
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and manage your time wisely
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in quality management and quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- You will report directly to the Director of Mechanical Engineering (or Sr. Manager)
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Industrial Design.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.