Mobile Engineers sit side-by-side with Full Stack Engineers, user experience designers, and product managers to craft our consumer-facing applications. Part of being a member of this team is a love for building products you're proud to share with your friends and family. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible with sleek design, simple user experience, and access to sophisticated advice. You’ll be a part of a team that’s tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture and interaction.A Day in the Life:
- Mission: Partnering closely with product and design to build dynamic and engaging user experiences that empower our customers to live better lives
- Tech: Building best-in-class financial products using state-of-the-art tech and design patterns. Utilizing RX and Flutter for reactive data flows and composable UIs
- Quality: Releasing polished features and minimizing bugs via feature gating, CI/CD, automated testing, and observability
- Iteration: Shipping early and often in a fast-paced, experiment-driven product development process
- Experience building interactive iOS or Android applications using Objective-C, Swift, Java, or Kotlin.
- Experience or interest in learning Dart and Flutter to help propel us as we continue to lean into this exciting and promising cross-platform stack.
- Ability to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality.
- Collaborativeness and excitement to partner with your teammates.
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.