Peloton is seeking a passionate packaging engineer to lead and support various package engineering projects. This role is based in Manhattan at the Chelsea HQ office. In this role, you will research and identify new packaging technologies, methods, and suppliers to apply to business needs. You will interact with Peloton’s cross functional teams including design, product, engineering, quality, logistics, compliance, and senior leadership. The ideal candidate has experience with packaging development, has a passion for the area as well as fitness, familiar with Peloton and the products they offer, and willing to get involved in all aspects and ask questions.
- Support and lead the creative design and development of packaging research
- Develop and execute packaging tests to meet global compliance regulations
- Lead packaging documentation and analysis of specifications
- Support packaging departmental goals of cost savings, sustainability, and overall business
- Support vendor relationships through product development and innovation pipelines
- Lead prototype development for concepts and testing
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and communication within a matrix organization
- Develop and manage packaging KPI’s related to costs, sustainability, and projects
- Research and problem solve in market issues related to packaging
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- This position requires some domestic and international travel, estimated 10-15%
- B.S. in Package Engineering or similar discipline; Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience within package engineering
- Experience with bulky metal and plastic components/finished goods
- Full life-cycle packaging experience (R&D, NPI, Production, recovery, recycle)
- Expert-level user of CAD (ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks, AutoCAD) for packaging design and layout
- You have experience working with global vendors in Europe and Asia
- You’re experienced with technical packaging programs and drawings
- Understanding of package test methods and documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification processes
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.