Principal Software Engineer, Core SaaS
At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade distribution tools for creators and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
About the team:
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve tools that enable creators to connect with their audience, whether it be through the Vimeo video player or by publishing to other social platforms.
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch.
- A/B test new features, analyze their results, and release improvements iteratively.
- Sculpt the architectural vision for significant parts of our stack to allow for rapid iteration and long term stability.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to aid in their technical growth.
- Can design and implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Extensive experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- An intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued and measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Organized and have the ability to break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them with limited compromises by the established deadline
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently and can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of visual designs
- Experience mentoring members of your teams through architectural guidance and thorough code reviews
- Experience building products across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to, Android, iOS, web, tvOS, and desktop
- Experience with the React framework
- Experience working with Restful APIs
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.