We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join Procore’s Mobile Tooling team. In this role, you’ll create the tools and systems used to deliver the Procore Mobile applications with quality and velocity. We are growing and searching for passionate system thinkers to help scale our platforms, infrastructure, and tooling.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll partner with mobile software engineers to push our systems to their limits and beyond, improve our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation infrastructure, and provide our engineers with the transparency needed to move swiftly and with confidence. Use your mobile infrastructure, test automation, and developer tooling skill sets to enable the evolution of mobile engineering at Procore.
This position will report to a member of our Engineering Management team and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally to create the tools that significantly improves engineering productivity for the mobile engineering team
- Propose, advocate, and lead projects to transform mobile engineering practices and tooling
- Initiate and lead projects focused on improving and scaling mobile infrastructure
- Mentor junior team members, providing guidance on how to identify opportunities to improve developer productivity and tooling
- Make data-driven recommendations to improve engineering processes and lead process improvements
- Own tooling within CI systems to ensure efficiency and completeness
- Leverage experience to build and manage scalable, reliable, and maintainable mobile infrastructure
- Build automation tools to eliminate the need of manual quality assurance
What we’re looking for:
- Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), networking, and security
- 8+ years of experience building internal tooling & infrastructure or other software engineering experience
- Experience with iOS and/or Android build tooling and build processes
- Experience with building and deploying large scale CI pipelines and release automation for mobile engineering organizations
- Passionate about engineering best practice and efficiency, biased toward automation
- Team player who takes initiative and leans in to help, drive, and own
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.