Product Engineering Lead, International Growth (Berlin, Germany)
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We're looking for an engineering lead to manage, direct, and support the team that is driving international growth. This will include localization of our product to provide a real, local user experience, as well as driving growth strategies for search engine optimization and social media. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our new International team in Berlin, Germany at a very early stage and play a key role in developing Meetup across the world.
If you're an engineer who is excited to lead a cross-functional product team, loves to manage and mentor other engineers, has a strong background in collaborating with product to build products that delight users, and are passionate about guiding your team to set and meet ambitious goals, this is the job for you!
You're our ideal team leader if you have:
- 1+ year of experience managing engineers
- 2+ years of experience leading a cross-functional team, including working remotely
- Experience collaborating with product to create roadmaps for your team
- Experience guiding your team to create estimates and realistic timelines
- Demonstrated ability to come up with technical solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to balance the need to complete features with paying down tech debt
- Excellent communication skills, able to talk about Engineering problems, roadblocks, and solutions in a way that makes sense to non-technical people
You would be working locally with your team in Berlin but remotely with Meetup HQ in NYC, so this would be a great fit for a candidate who is comfortable and effective working with others remotely, across different time zones, and in predominantly English.
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?