Quality Assurance Analyst at BetterCloud
BetterCloud has offices in New York, Atlanta, and San Francisco. We are currently seeking new talent in Salt Lake City, Denver, and Austin.
BetterCloud is the leading SaaS Management Platform (SMP) that enables IT professionals to discover, manage and secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, BetterCloud has built a community of more than 45K IT professionals who are embracing the new role of SaaSOps within IT organizations. The company launched the first-ever annual SaasOps-focused conference, Altitude, and publishes annually the definitive market research report, State of SaaSOps, on the market and category.
BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA. The company's total amount raised to date is $187 million. Investors include Warburg Pincus, Accel, Bain Capital Ventures, Flybridge Capital Partners, and Greycroft Partners.
We are a high energy tech company and we’re seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as a Functional Analyst. The Functional Analyst is responsible for working with developers and product managers in an Agile environment. Those responsibilities include creating user stories, acceptance criteria and acceptance tests as well as manual testing of functionality provided by the developers for each sprint.
- 3-5 years Quality Assurance experience
- 1-3 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of web technologies (Java, HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Intelligent, energetic, and hardworking individual
- Ability to analyze stack traces and application logs
- Excited by a fast-paced and environment
- Knowledge of common test methodologies (ATDD, Exploratory, White/Black Box, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in the following is a plus: Bitbucket/Stash/Github, Web Services, Postman, and TestRail
- Prior hands on release management experience with tools such as Jenkins or Bitbucket to deliver work from test environment to production.
- Experience leveraging automated testing to deploy software.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Analyze business requirements and wireframes
- Architect test plans
- Write, validate, and execute test cases with use case approach in an agile environment
- Communicate test results and daily status
- Articulate issues found with steps on how to reproduce
- Take ownership over issues found in production that made it through QA
- Track defects and provide quality metrics
- Participate in team sprint planning meetings to apply testing methodology and fill in any testing gaps
- Report/communicate feature release information to the business
- Understand and be able to communicate to the product team a technical explanation of bug/fix/feature/enhancement
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.