React Native Tech Lead
The Product Engineering team at Peloton builds products and features for our subscribed customers (Bike, Tread, Digital). We are constantly deepening our UI to increase the motivation and interactions that happen with our hardware and content. In the past year, Peloton has expanded our product offering to include a Bike, Treadmill, and now digital product. During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we’ve expanded in product offering, we are also expanding in the variety of platforms that deliver this amazing user experience.
In this role, you will work as a lead on the team that is responsible for expanding the Peloton ecosystem for Web and Mobile platforms. You’ll be working to implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for both Android, iOS, and Web users. You will also work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features. React Native experience is not required, but a plus for this role! If you do not have React Native experience, we expect you to have a background in either mobile development or front end development.
- 7+ years of Software development experience and minimum 2 years of React Native development experience
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
- Experience with popular React workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Passion about complex, interactive applications with a thoughtful UX/UI
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating (API) calls; background in API development preferred
- Experience documenting coding and architectural decisions
- History of building high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies
- Experience designing application frameworks for use across multiple products
- Experience working in Agile Methodologies
- Experience setting a strong vision and roadmap for the team and able to execute on it through leading by example.
- Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to product experience.
- Experience growing and mentoring engineers on the team.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have prior experience with Typescript or statically typed languages
- Have developed and published applications for Android
- Have Github project(s) and open source contributions
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before
- Have Continuous Integration And Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience in an Agile Environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.