This is not a technical writing/creative writing position OR a software QA engineering role.
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more at www.alphasights.com.
The Remote QA Specialist Position
We are seeking highly experienced, detail-oriented QA Specialists to join our remote Transcription team. QA Specialists will have the opportunity to influence an elite team from the ground up. The primary responsibility of a QA is to ensure that the high transcription quality standards set by AlphaSights are always met. Successful candidates will have an advanced proficiency in business transcription, familiarity working with an intelligent ("clean") verbatim transcription style guide for business documentation across multiple subject matters and accented English files, and bring a professional and committed work ethic to the role each and every day.
- Long-term projects and consistent work
- Independent contractor status (freelance)
- Remote work - work from the comfort of your own home
- Flexible schedule
- Join a global team of hardworking, like-minded individuals!
A Day in the Life of an AlphaSights QA Specialist:
- Access audio and transcript files via our internal platform
- Verify and correct the spelling of brands, products, industry terms and company names mentioned in the transcript
- Correct the grammar and spelling in the files using MS Word track changes
- Check transcripts for readability and adherence to the AlphaSights Style Guide
- Grade each of the reviewed files in accordance with our 5-point system, providing grading across key categories
- Provide feedback on the overall quality of files
- Escalate any gross violations of the Style Guide, unfinished transcripts and major quality lapses to our Quality Assurance Manager
What You'll Need to be Successful
- At least 2 years of experience as a full-time editor/proofreader/content QA specialist editing transcripts in a business setting
- Superior proofing and editing skills
- Authoritative grammar and spelling skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work effectively within strict turnaround times
- Degree in English or related subject; or equivalent experience
- Superior knowledge of MS Word and Excel and above average knowledge of Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Excellent oral and flawless written command of English
- Access to your own transcription software, such as Express Scribe or similar, and MS Word version 2007 or newer
What to Expect from our Hiring Process
- We strive to set clear expectations about the requirements for this role, and would ask the same transparency, integrity and honesty from our applicants regarding all aspects of their application
- Qualifying candidates will be asked to complete a short assessment and interview with our team. Please note that not all applicants will qualify
- Due to the high volume of interest in this role, applications which are rejected will not be reviewed again within a 6-month period
- Contractors are required to pass a high-level background check
If you would like to join our team, please complete the application below. When entering your phone number, include the country code.