Remote Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack/Backend at Policygenius
Engineering at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free and experiment driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be designing and implementing product features, pairing with and mentoring other software engineers, and researching the next wave of technology to bring into the fold. At Policygenius, senior engineers are adaptable technical leaders who are at the core of each team.
Please note, this role is a fully remote position.
In this role, you will…
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and product marketing
- Develop applications using modern web technologies and tools, including React, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Go, & Kubernetes
- Easily deploy code to Google Cloud with a fully built-out DevOps pipeline
- Experiment with an open-minded team that is always exploring new technologies
- Hone your mentorship and software design skills by training other developers, code pairing, and facilitating workshops
- Ship exceptional products that people love! (we’re proud to be building a company that has customers who consistently refer their friends and family, with an industry-leading NPS!)
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer, designing applications and/or service-based systems
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You have a proven track record of mentorship
- You have a desire to be involved in all aspects of the product life-cycle, from discovery through deployment
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You have significant experience in one or more of the following:
- Microservices / Distributed Systems
- Relational Databases
- Data Engineering: ETL / Data Warehousing
- Test Engineering
- React or an Equivalent Web Framework
- GraphQL or REST APIs
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
Technologies You Will Use
Policygenius currently spends much of its time using these tools, but we’re committed to working on the right tech for the job, and always open to fresh ideas, new technologies, and better ways of getting things done.
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!