Ruby on Rails Developer at Talkspace
It's our mission at Lasting to ensure that every couple has access to a simple, affordable way to build and maintain a healthy relationship. In doing this, we will help people love the most important person in their life more deeply. That's our app, and we're sticking to it.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join Lasting, a high-growth startup and new division at Talkspace. This role would report directly to the lead engineer of Lasting.
We need an engineer who is self-motivated and knows how to compromise between refactoring and working fast to deliver products to our users quickly. This is a role for someone who wants to help create something big and important for the world and isn’t phased by the amount of work it’s going to take.
Both analytical and imaginative, the Ruby on Rails Developer will be responsible for building, maintaining, and championing code for an API that delivers content to mobile apps. We are looking for someone who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Lasting from Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Own and execute product-focused initiatives in a Ruby on Rails API, PostgreSQL DB, Heroku hosted environment.
- Collaborate with the Product and Marketing team to aid in content and UX optimizations while also bringing and sharing your own ideas.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity by researching, experimenting, sharing and educating the team on new software methods that can be used in our backend systems.
- Be hyper focused on performance, stability, and security of the backend system for current and future user growth.
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks, knows when to pull others to solve the problem if needed.
- End to end responsibility for getting Production ready features to the finish line.
- Excellent communication skills in technical/architecture decisions via design docs, tech talks, and documentation.
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and API development.
- Deep understanding of RESTful API paradigm.
- Deep understanding of DevOps and code refactoring/optimization to drive improvements in the codebase.
- Familiar with understanding API logging metrics - performance logging in New Relic, route and api logging in Papertrail, and error alerts via Honeybadger.
- Can review code efficiently and give feedback on it
- Helps enforce proper QA for all code-bases involved in.
- Organized and structured, ability to reliably deliver on plans and forecasts
- Results-oriented with a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit, mindset and work ethic are a must
- Proven ability to execute in a fast paced environment
- At ease with ambiguity
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment
Why Lasting from Talkspace?
Lasting from Talkspace is a relationship counseling company and creator of the #1 relationship health app, as seen on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and many more. Our product helps millions of couples nurture and repair their emotional connection.
In light of America’s 45% divorce rate, we believe that relationships are one of the most important and pressing issues of our time. Consider the following:
- Research has shown that relationships are as vital to your overall health as diet and exercise. People in healthy relationships live 10 years longer on average, and marriages in distress can lead to a variety of physical health issues;
- The key factor in lifelong happiness and satisfaction is maintaining long-term, healthy relationships;
- Most importantly, the leading factor in the cognitive, emotional, and social development of children (and the future generation) is relationships (i.e. the emotional connection between the two parents).
Lasting is a scrappy startup trying to solve difficult problems, sprint quickly, and scale its service globally to help build and maintain relationships everywhere. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Lasting from Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Lasting from Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.