Security Engineer - Secure Design at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for a security engineer to be part of a new team named Secure Design to build security into the DNA of Datadog. This team will primarily focus on performing secure design reviews, threat models and risk assessments for our internal products and systems. This team will innovate and engineer systems to scale reviews to minimize friction and provide guidance at scale.
You will perform design architecture review, threat modeling and you will partner with various engineering teams to ensure security concerns are addressed, assist in engineering design decisions and build creative solutions to drive down risk.
Your team will have an opportunity to work with every major engineering team in the company and be a part of the decision making process and the solution for large company initiatives.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class security, software and security engineers.
- Perform risk assessments, secure design reviews, threat models and develop security guidance
- Lead engineering initiatives to develop platforms and tools to scale design reviews
- Partner with Datadog’s product management teams by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Lead and grow the team to become SMEs across multiple security domain environments including infrastructure, application security, cloud security etc
- Provide guidance and strategy on how to reduce the risk across the company including mergers and acquisitions, B2B partnerships and 3rd party data sharing
- Create and evangelize a world-class partnership program with engineering teams to guarantee success of the mission
- Proven experience building cross-organizational relationship with software engineering teams
- Proven experience with secure design reviews, threat modeling, code review and feature based security testing
- You have designed capabilities that scale to support a large set of teams and built production-ready services
- Motivation and ability to evangelize security awareness by providing a guidance and remediation at scale while prioritizing risk
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with other security teams
- You have demonstrated experience in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- Proven experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of an engineering solution
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
- Couple of years of software development, quality assurance automation testing experience
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.