Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare and Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
In close collaboration with our Engineering team, Galileo’s Security Engineers will help build our security-first culture and identity. This is an opportunity to utilize new technologies in securing a diverse set of applications. Specifically, you will:
- Continue to automate our incident detection and remediation procedures by using our SIEM solution
- Build out our infrastructure to monitor security events from our Docker services
- Develop infrastructure to improve access monitoring for applications and databases
- Find and patch vulnerabilities in our web and mobile applications
- Strengthen our configuration automation and security maintenance on local endpoints
- Perform vulnerability tests on all of our resources
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews, applying a security focused mindset
Who You Are
You are interested in designing, building, and maintaining security systems, both locally (employee and patient devices) and in the cloud (AWS). You have hands-on experience performing vulnerability tests and security assessments, on both cloud infrastructure and application infrastructure. You keep up-to-date with the tech industry landscape of security threats, and know how to identify and patch relevant security holes. You enjoy using metrics to find and remedy anomalies. You have configured and maintained an alerting system through a Security Information and Events Management (SIEM) tool. You understand how to develop and enforce strict security and data access policies, regarding HIPAA assessments and evaluations. You are fluent in scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc. You thrive in a collaborative environment, where responsibility and ownership are shared.
Technologies We Use
- AWS (ECS Fargate, RDS Aurora, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, CodeBuild)
- OpenVPN Access Server
- Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana
- Google SAML
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.