Senior Automation Engineer at Harry's Inc.
About the team
The Engineering Implementation Group is an advanced manufacturing engineering group reporting up through the R&D organization at Harry’s. The team is responsible for developing new manufacturing technologies and equipment and scaling them into mass production.
About the role
The automation engineering position requires an engineer experienced with high volume manufacturing and implementing automated assembly systems. This engineer will work closely with Harrys’ product development team to understand next generation shaving systems and work closely with Harry’s machine contractors with automation challenges, employing technologies such as servo systems, robotic arms, machine vision systems and other industrial automation.
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engineering and teams to work every day
- Be an interactive member of technical cross-functional teams by providing technical expertise, innovation and teamwork.
- Design, Development, evaluation, start-up and optimization of high-volume automated assembly and packaging equipment
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; identifying and conferring with equipment vendors.
- Detailed knowledge of machine design principles and metal fabrication processes
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and the ability to translate that knowledge into reliable equipment designs that enhance Harry’s production capabilities
- Working knowledge of vibratory feeder bowls, cam driven mechanisms, vision systems, PLC’s, pick and place mechanisms, dispensing devices and motion control systems
- Assists Manufacturing leadership team with capacity expansion plans and initiatives
- Able to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Strive to deliver required aspects of each assigned project to planned time, cost and quality targets, monitoring progress and taking necessary action either to meet established targets or agree new targets.
- Effectively contribute to projects when assigned as a member of the project team.
- Keep abreast of new technologies related to design and manufacturing.
- Provides project estimated costs, delivery and resource timing to program managers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in in Automated Assembly, Packaging and manufacturing equipment design
- Proficient in the use and understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance
- Proficient in the use of a CAD software such as Pro-Engineer, SolidWorks, etc.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes with a strong understanding of machining, metal working and engineered plastics
- Experienced with design for manufacturability
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
Working Relationships & Environment
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Working in the Engineering Implementation Group
- You will work cross functionally with many teams, including Key relationships internally will include Program Managers, Marketing, Global Brand Development, and Product Development. External engagement will include machine vendors.
- Travel Requirements include domestic and over-seas to support machine design, accept testing and validation
- Work schedule will vary around core business hours of 8 to 4, but will include off hour calls with other time zones and will include weekends and holidays as needed.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.