Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Together, we can help customers eliminate manual data work and focus on the valuable, cerebral work they enjoy! Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Backend Engineer with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and help architect and build the next generation of our backend applications.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining Microservices using Java
- Designing and developing cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices
- Build systems, services, and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions
- Build and scale our fast growing online services and data pipelines
- Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability and automation
- Supporting testing process and troubleshooting issues and resolving them
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years engineering experience
- Expert in Java and experienced in building complex service applications in Java, and solid understanding of the JVM
- Solid database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc)
- Experience with Spring Framework and related ecosystem
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling for our next generation platform.
- Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and deployment
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and gym reimbursement for physical well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.