Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Our team is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer with a passion for building a reliable, scalable, and performant cloud infrastructure to power the Stash experience. After four years of tremendous growth in the US, we are expanding to the UK and have exciting projects ahead of us. To support these initiatives, Stash will be building a cutting edge cloud infrastructure while leveraging the latest tools and technologies. As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be one of the first team members on the ground, working independently and alongside other developers. You will build out and shape our infrastructure platform and processes that will be the bedrock of Stash.What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, and implement infrastructure services on AWS relating network infrastructure, load balancers, reverse proxies and application performance monitoring and logging solutions
- Develop application gateway using Nginx, Openresty, Lua and Terraform
- Facilitate scalable infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
- Lead operational health, maintenance, optimization, security initiatives with our application gateway
- Coordinate with DevOps Engineers, Backend Engineers and product teams to support end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Develop and maintain infrastructure modules for use by engineering staff
- Ensure high availability of infrastructure with anomalous behavior alerting
- 8+ years of professional experience building and deploying Internet services and APIs
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, a related technical field, or relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience working with AWS and working with applications that undertake high network load
- Extensive experience configuring and deploying Nginx reverse proxies and load balancers
- Comprehensive understanding of networking and application protocols (TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP/S, TLS, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages (and AWS SDKs)
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Terraform (or Terraform Enterprise)
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
- Experience with Openresty and Lua
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
**No recruiters, please.