Senior DevOps Engineer at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us grow while remaining highly-available. This person will help us improve automation, infrastructure reliability, and empower our engineering team to easily leverage the platform. Braze operates at a massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month, and sending hundreds of millions of messages to end-users daily. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Kubernetes, and more. As a DevOps Engineer at Braze, you will collaborate with our Senior and Staff Engineers to continuously improve the infrastructure, automation, and tooling that build internal products from these technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze's DevOps Engineers are building the internal platforms that enable Braze engineers to meet strict enterprise-grade SLAs for our customers. As an owner of the internal automation platforms at Braze, you will bridge the gap between developers and the infrastructure platforms. Some examples include:
- Providing centralized/common tooling, services, and automation frameworks that are critical for scaling operations
- Reducing operational pain
- Improving the day-to-day workflow of Braze’s engineering teams
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of experience as a Software, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer
- Previous experience:
- Developing API-driven services in a major language (such as Golang, Python, or Ruby)
- Gathering user research, modeling solutions, and distilling the results to a wide audience
- Designing and implementing software products
- Working knowledge of:
- Network protocols such as HTTP, gRPC, and TCP/IP
- Containers/LXC, the ecosystem, and typical deployment & orchestration platforms
- Desire to solve everyday challenges facing software engineers and automating their toil away
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.