Senior DevOps Engineer
LeafLink is a SaaS marketplace that provides licensed cannabis dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage their operations and scale.
With over 3,000+ dispensaries and more than 1,000+ leading brands in 19 states and territories, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis wholesale market. LeafLink was also named one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare and we are hungry for more!The Role:
LeafLink is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.Responsibilities:
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various infrastructure architectures
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Continue to Keep the Lights On (day-to-day administration)
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- A successful track record as a DevOps / System Engineer
- Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working within AWS and with it’s managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift, etc)
- Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker)
- Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
- Experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and supporting services
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, CloudWatch, Datadog, Sentry, etc)
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- Experience working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and / or the LeafLink brand
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events
- New office in FiDi